John Bedini is a US electrical engineer, businessman, and developer of snake oil products like Free Energy Generators, which are claimed to provide unlimited amounts of energy in the way of Perpetual Motion machines. He is the owner of Bedini Electronics Inc. in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and a co-owner of Energenx Inc. in Hayden (Idaho 83835), which claims to sell revolutionary battery chargers.
- Bedini has invented an "Audio Spectral Enhancer", a device that allegedly improves low-frequency signals in electro-acustic systems. He filed several patents for this technology.
- The "Compact Disc Clarifier" is a further Bedini invention sold through his company. He claims that the CD clarifier improves the quality of sound and videos on DVD by bathing it in an "electromagnetic field". The device, however, lacks a physically comprehensible concept and thus came under criticism by experts. Bedini Electronics Inc. later on proclaimed the device allegedly removed electrostatic charges jamming the rendition. This happens to be irrelevant since CDs and DVDs are scanned optically.
- Bedini also invented miracle battery chargers which allegedly consume less energy then they charge into a battery. He also sells battery refreshers. High pulsed currents are said to counter sulphation often occuring in spent lead acid accumulators.
Bedini and Free Energy Generators
His private website  displays construction plans for various kinds of Perpetual Motion devices which claim to create energy out of thin air. Bedini has filed several patents for these devices. Having been granted a patent, however, does not imply in any way the device and its underlying principle will function according to the claims of its inventor.
Versions of this article in other languages
- Deutsch: John Bedini
- Website of Bedini Electronics Inc.
- Energenx, Inc., 10183 N. Aero Dr. Suite 2, Hayden, Idaho 83835
- US5,748,745 (1998-05-05) Bedini, John C., Analog vector processor and method for producing a binaural signal
- US5,487,057 (PDF version) (1996-01-23) Bedini, John C., Apparatus and method for reducing electronic relaxation noise present information recording medium
- US5,464,442 (PDF version) (1987-02-17) Bedini, John C., Anti-copy system
- US5,455,785 (PDF version) (1985-11-26) Bedini, John C., Monaural to binaural audio processor
- Commentary: A Murky Clarification
- Private Website John Bedini
- US7,109,671 (2006-09-19) Bedini, John C., Device and method of a back EMF permanent electromagnetic motor generator
- US6,545,444 (2003-04-08) Bedini, John C., Device and method for utilizing a monopole motor to create back EMF to charge batteries
- US6,392,370 (PDF version) (2002-05-21) Bedini, John C., Device and method of a back EMF permanent electromagnetic motor generator
- U.S. Patent 6,545,444 (April 2003) "Device and Method for Utilizing a Monopole Motor to Create Back EMF to Charge Batteries". Expires March 13, 2021
- U.S. Patent 6,677,730 (Januar 2004) "Device and Method for Pulse Charging a Battery and for Driving Other Devices with a Pulse". Expires December 21, 2021